Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Witch Hazel as a Cleaner


I have used Witch Hazel for a long time as a skin toner/makeup remover and I love it. Especially this Thayer's Peach one: Thayers.com

But I learned a new use for it. My husband painted our roof with an Aluminum U.V. Coating. It is a super sticky, silver, tar-like paint on substance. It behaves a lot like oil paint, which we all know is really toxic and impossible to remove without Paint Thinner-also very toxic.

He got this stuff all over the house (thanks hon :) and when he took a soak in the tub to scrub his skin, he got it all over the tub too. I didn't know how to get it off! But I had some on my arm and just randomly tried some plain witch hazel and it came right off! I poured some witch hazel onto a cloth rag and cleaned the tub with it, and it worked!! So there you have it, Witch hazel to clean roof coating goo.

No comments: